European Equine Coelioscopy Workshop
Content of the training
• Theory : Preparation, sedation and analgesia/anesthesia of the patient in laparoscopy - Laparoscopic access and strategies. Prevention of
complications - Equipment and Instrumentation - Laparoscopic suturing and knot techniques - Exploratory laparoscopy - standing
horse and horse in dorsal decubitus ;
• Theory, including demonstration with videos Laparoscopic cryptochidectomy, ovariectomy & hernioplasty ;
• Ex-vivo Lab, practical simulation exercises with anatomical specimens - Orientation and manipulation of instruments.
• Lab 1 In vivo = laparoscopic castration and hernioplasty Preparation; local anesthesia; introduction of trocars, surgical
anatomy. Surgical procedures on retained abdominal and/or descended testis using Ligasure and knot techniques ;
• Lab 2 In vivo = laparoscopic ovariectomy. Preparation; local anesthesia; introduction of trocars, surgical anatomy. Surgical
procedures on normal ovaries using Ligasure and knot techniques ;
• Ex vivo lab = complementary work on extracorporeal and intracorporeal knots, continuous suturing and sliding end-knot, use of surgical staples and glue.